Trainee Building Preservation Technician

Job description

RTC are a multi award-winning company and the North West’s leading property care and waterproofing specialists. Our core business is, basement Waterproofing, damp proofing and specialist building preservation. We have been established for over 30 years and our aim is to provide an honest, reliable and technically advanced solution for our clients. Following another record year of growth at RTC, we are looking to expand our highly professional team. RTC require an ambitious person looking for a full-time career in the building preservation and structural waterproofing industry.

As a Trainee Building Preservation Technician, you will need/be:

  • Hardworking
  • Full driving licence (preferred)
  • Ability to work towards a deadline
  • To work using your own initiative
  • Good communication skills
  • Conscientious and tidy
  • A good people person

As a Trainee Building Preservation Technician, you will learn to:

  • Safely remove plaster
  • Apply render backing coats and skim finish
  • Replace flooring timbers and skirting boards etc
  • Install chemical damp proof courses
  • Basement and structural waterproofing
  • Application of internal waterproof dry lining systems
  • Dry rot and woodworm treatments

Benefits Include:

  • A family run company, trading for over 30 years
  • A multi award-winning industry leader
  • All PPE, uniforms and tools provided
  • All industry training provided
  • Good rates of pay, commensurate with experience
  • Monthly bonus scheme
  • Happy birthday holiday
  • Company pension
  • Great team spirit & fantastic support network

To broaden your knowledge, kick start an exciting career and receive a competitive salary, please send a copy of your C.V to the following: stacey@rtcgroup.co.uk

Job Type: Full-time, permanent

Work remotely: No

Salary: Competitive


  • hour shift
  • Day shift
  • Monday to Friday
  • Overtime
  • Weekend availability

Supplemental pay types: Bonus scheme


  • CSCS (preferred)
  • Driving licence (required)